This is what happens to your body if you stop smoking right now. Altijd handig om die schaarse groep mensen die nog steeds roken te overtuigen van toch maar eens te stoppen. Goede voornemen voor 2011 en zo.
- In 20 minutes: Your blood pressure will return to normal.
- In 8 hours: The carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood will dorp by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
- In 72 hours: Your bronchial tubes will relax, and your over-all energy level will rise.
- In 2 weeks: Your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
- In 3-9 months: Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
- In 1 year: Your risk of having a heart attack will have now dropped by half.
- In 5 years: Your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
- In 10 years: Your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
- In 15 years: Your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.